Friday, January 7, 2011

My Old Booster Seat

I saw this article on Yahoo the other day and it caught my attention. Things Babies Born in 2011 Will Never Know
I thought, you know, it’s true – our little girl will probably never know about paper maps and how difficult they are to refold. Will she ever thumb through an en-cyc-lo-ped-i-a? ( had to spell check!) Which leads to... dictionaries? Will she look up a word in a book to check it's spelling? What about cassette tapes, cameras that require film? I miss those black film canisters with the snap top; they were great for storing small things. Oh and here’s one we all know about - bills that come in the mail? Everything you can imagine is delivered electronically now; will she ever get a bill in her mailbox? I’m not waxing nostalgic or anything but I am a little excited at all the things she’s going to teach me about iPods, iPads, iTouch, Twits, Tweeks, gosh, am I’m behind or what? Remember when we made booster seats out of phone books?

No comments: