I’m not sure how to properly describe what a good weekend we just had. Saturday we enjoyed the annual Austin Christmas party at Tom and Becky’s house. As always, Becky had the absolute most beautifulest Christmas tree you’ve ever seen and the most delish goodies to eat! I took a chocolate Ding Dong cake that was, I must admit, pretty good. After we ate we played a new game called Apples to Apples, it was quite fun. The best part of the day was listening to Bethany run around the house in her shiny squeek shoes, she was so entertaining. On the way home, Dan, Jane-Marie, Bethany, and I stopped in at Lindsey and Jeff’s house for a quick visit. I traded Lindsey a big chunk of my cake for some doughnut holes for Bethany and I to snack on!! Saturday was a fun filled day but I sure felt the effects Sunday, I was moving pretty slow for a while.
Sunday evening we loaded up and went to the Christmas program at Pauline where Lindsey and Jeff attend church. Carol, Danny, Papaw, Granny, Jeff and myself filled the pew and enjoyed the program which was awe-inspiring -and not just because Lindsey was in it either! It was a beautiful service that musically portrayed the true meaning of Christmas that we often forget, the birth of Jesus. I just can’t say enough about how well the program was done, kudos to all of the members who took part. After the service ended, we loaded up and went to eat Mexican food and eat we did!! My favorite son in law even picked up the tab! Two days in a row spent with family having fun – it just doesn’t get any better!
Sunday evening we loaded up and went to the Christmas program at Pauline where Lindsey and Jeff attend church. Carol, Danny, Papaw, Granny, Jeff and myself filled the pew and enjoyed the program which was awe-inspiring -and not just because Lindsey was in it either! It was a beautiful service that musically portrayed the true meaning of Christmas that we often forget, the birth of Jesus. I just can’t say enough about how well the program was done, kudos to all of the members who took part. After the service ended, we loaded up and went to eat Mexican food and eat we did!! My favorite son in law even picked up the tab! Two days in a row spent with family having fun – it just doesn’t get any better!

No comments:
Post a Comment