Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Mother's Day Ever

I was blessed today to spend time with my Mom, Lindsey, and Deb. I can't think of anything I'd rather do on Mother's day or any other day for that matter! Next year, Mother's day will even be better when we have a one year old named Caroline throwing peas and tearing up tissue paper!
I like the poem below and I wanted to post it for everyone to read. There is indeed nothing that compares to the love of a mother. I'm so thankful that my mother is my mother and I am the mother to the best daughter a mother could ask for. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life.
A Mother's Love
Her love is like an island in life's ocean vast and wide.
A peaceful, quiet shelter from the wind, the rain, the tide.
'Tis bound on the north by hope, by patience on the west,
by tender counsel on the south, and on the east by rest.
Above it like a beacon light shine faith, and truth, and prayer;
And thro' the changing scenes of life I find my haven there.

No comments: