Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Day

Christmas breakfast was deeee-lishous. Granny came early to help me prepare the pancakes, bacon, sausage, scrambled egg omeletes...after everyone was filled to the gill, it was time to open presents! Bethany played Santa, passing out gifts and opening several of them as she passed them out! I got everthing I wanted and more. Lindsey and Jeff received more gifts for our little Princess than they did for themselves! Jane-Marie got her wish for a jacket this year. She looks good in hot pink! Dana is still working on putting together a chain saw sharpener but I think he's about done..finally.  
We are all laid out in front of the fire now, drifting in and out of consiousness. Today has been a wonderful day, the type of day that ends too quickly. The tree is a little bare as there are no gifts left but we still have it lit. As I listen to the crackle of the fire and the quiet snore here and there, I am so thankful that we have this time together. And I think of how next year will even be better. We'll have Bethany to play Santa but I plan to be holding the other little girl helping her open her own presents.
Hope you all have had a very Merry Christmas.... love to you from the happiest Grandma on Walnut!

No comments: