Years ago we came home one night to new neighbors moving in next door. The handsome 2 year old little boy named Grant was especially friendly. He walked up to me and asked, “What is your name?” Thinking I would be funny, I said, “ My name is Chris, but you can call me Precious.” It stuck! Since that night, Grant now 16, and his sister Gracie-Dru, have called me Precious.
When Daniel and Jane-Marie told us they were pregnant, Dana and I started thinking of names we’d like to be called. Precious seemed natural, so I went with that. She is two now and is working hard to say Precious although it often comes out like “Pea chuss”!
When Daniel and Jane-Marie told us they were pregnant, Dana and I started thinking of names we’d like to be called. Precious seemed natural, so I went with that. She is two now and is working hard to say Precious although it often comes out like “Pea chuss”!
I don’t know if I want to change my name for the new baby, I like it. I don’t feel like a Gamma, Grandmother, Grandma, Mamaw, or a MeMe. I did see one that I might consider changing to... GLAM-Ma…!!
I don’t intend to be choosy or a Grandzilla about a name. Whatever the baby calls me, you may rest assured that I shall answer in a flash, sprint like Wonder Woman, and swiftly appear at the child’s side. Ready, willing and hopefully able, to grant any wish the child requests!
I don’t intend to be choosy or a Grandzilla about a name. Whatever the baby calls me, you may rest assured that I shall answer in a flash, sprint like Wonder Woman, and swiftly appear at the child’s side. Ready, willing and hopefully able, to grant any wish the child requests!

2 comments:
You are so funny! God truly blessed us when he put us next door to y'all. No matter what this sweet angel calls you, "Precious" is what my two will always call you because to them, that's who you are! I do like "Glam-Ma"! That's a good one! loloudly!!! :) Seems like years since we met out under the tree between us that is now no longer there! I wouldn't trade all our memories for anything!! :)
I know, I can still see Grant standing knee high to me. We have shared alot between those two houses we made into homes! What a trip, I miss our tree! XOX u all.
Post a Comment