Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Only A Daaay AhhWaaay! - From the movie Annie

Seems like it was just a few weeks ago that Lindsey and Jeff came by and surprised me with a little zebra stripe box. I opened the present and saw an emerald green bead. I said to Mommy, "What's this for, it's not my birthstone." Her reply was, " I know, it's the birthstone of your grandchild."
Waterworks? But of course, and if I could jump, I would have jumped, really, really high! Not a day has gone by since that moment in the kitchen that I haven't thought about our Barton baby. When we found out we were getting a girl, I wondered how she looks, how big is she, her hair color - you name it and I've thought about it. And now, finally, we get to see her! Caroline Barton will be here sometime Wednesday! It's unbelievable. I'm so ready to get her here that I'VE been nesting myself. I've ironed everything in the house, the carpet has practically no fibers left in it, and I have placed and replaced everything in my "grab bag" at least twice a day. I admit, I've been pretty nervous as well as emotional! Go figure!
No doubt Lindsey and Jeff have thoughts and emotions running 99hundred miles an hour through their hearts and minds right now and understandably so!! Life as they know it, will change. And so will ours...but only for the better! What could possibly be better than having a precious baby in our life to spoil so absolutely rotten that you can smell her coming?
I guess this will pretty much be my last blog as a non-grandmaw, so thank you SO VERY MUCH for every text, email, mms, sms, and call checking on Jeff, Lindsey, and Caroline each week, I appreciate your kindness and concern and it won't soon be forgotten. XOX to you all!
I plan on posting a picture and details as soon as things settle down, so peep in later tomorrow afternoon for Caroline's glamour shots!

No comments: