Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Mommy Easter Nesting

This weekend was the best! Mommy and I drove to Little Rock Saturday for our last shopping trip as a duet. We started out right by having lunch at our favorite spot, Mimi's. The muffins there are unbelievable - big and delish! We walked off our lunch at Caroline's favorite store, Babies R Us. Next we went to the weekly door buster sale at JCP and then on to Target! After all the intense shopping, we were famished and had to make a last stop at another favorite spot, McAllister's for a light snack and a xxlg ice tea. We got back home a little late so I stayed at Windy Hills for the night. I thought we would sit down and prop our feet up for the night...but nooo. Mommy got her second wind and started nesting. She put up our purchases then began clearing out a kitchen cabinet for Caroline's things. After a while, I used my big Momma voice and told little Mommy to go to bed! I still heard her up and about after I went to bed! I woke up a little late Sunday morning and was in a rush to get home. I went through the living room and there was Mommy, already up and in the recliner! Although we didn't get to hunt eggs, we had a very good Easter that began with church services, lunch, then a very nice nap!

No comments: