Monday, January 24, 2011

Shhh, Little Ears

It’s week 23 and sweet Caroline can now hear noises outside the womb! That’s probably why she kicked Saturday morning! Mommy, Caroline, and I were lounging around talking before starting our busy Saturday. We were discussing the nursery, diapers, baby clothes, day care, pediatricians….while we were chatting, Caroline put in her two kicks worth! Two precious, tiny, little flutters as if to say ‘Excuuuse me, I can HEAR YOU ....’ Then, as if to dismiss us, she quit moving and promptly went back to sleepy-town.
After reading about development on several baby sites, I found that experts strongly encourage family to talk to our baby during this time so she will get used to the sound of our voice. While this may seem a little unusual, they say we will be rewarded when Caroline instinctively turns toward the sound of our voice shortly after delivery! Unbelievable, I guess we better w-a-t-c-h what we s-a-y in front of the b-a-b-y.

No comments: