Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Leapin' Lil Lemon

I went shopping with Mommy and grand baby this weekend. We stayed in Little Rock Friday night and wore out my feet. I think Mommy’s feet were getting sore too! But I have more important things to tell…
Welcome to our second trimester! This week's huge news: Our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee-pee, and suck his thumb! His facial muscles are getting a workout as his tee-niny features form one expression after another!  I think he smiled big time when we went to Dixie Cafe and Cracker Barrell (I sure did)!!
Our baby's stretching out, from his head to his boo-boo, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do, but we are fine with that!.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair all over his body. Wonder if he’s a blonde, brown or red?? Though Mommy can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, our little boxer’s hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active. Oh my gosh, I can hardly believe this is happening!

1 comment:

bhart said...

Eric and I enjoy your blog so much! Your sense of humor and excitement make us smile. The next 187 days will go quickly and you'll be posting pics of that perfect grandbaby!! Thanks for all the sweet attention you give to our Chloe! There still aren't words to describe our thanks for your love and support.